What is the Green Hills Annual Fund?
The Green Hills Annual Fund aims to replace other smaller fundraisers throughout the year. This is a fundraiser where each family makes a tax-deductible donation of $300 per student, aiming to raise $50,000 to benefit your child and their education. This year we are also asking families to donate to the MEF as well to ensure that our district will be stronger together.
In past years, only 40% of families participated in fundraisers. We want all Green Hills families to participate in the fund this year. Also the Annual Fund pays for all school supplies this year so you don't have to go shopping.
Reaching our goal means no more fundraisers for the year!
All of your generous, donations directly benefit your child and supplement their education. We can purchase technology equipment, classroom supplies, organize field trips and assemblies and other programs - all of which enrich their school experience!
The Annual Fund goals for 2019-2020
- Teachers love the LEAP arts curriculum and want to increase the number of LEAP sessions for all students
- Ensure that our teachers have all of their supplies and classroom necessities for the year purchased and covered
- Enhance our technology resources (replace failing Smartboards and add more Chromebooks)
- Ensure that all field trips continue to be fully funded
- Increase the number of in-school educational programs and assemblies
Ways to Donate
- Make an online donation using PayPal or your credit card.
- You can also donate via cash or check payable to Green Hills PTA. Just hand this in at the office or to your child's teacher with your name and email address.
ONE TIME PAYMENT OPTIONS
MONTHLY PAYMENT OPTIONS
Benefits of Giving to the Annual Fund
- No more back to school shopping! All school supplies are paid for by the Annual Fund!
- All field trips will be paid for! This means when your child goes on a field trip, all you need to do is sign the permission slip.
- We will eliminate all of our small fundraisers. That's right, your child will not be selling chocolates, wrapping paper, cookies or dough or even magazines to your friends, family, extended family and distant relatives! You won't have to participate in a bake sale or walkathon the entire year!
- All enrichment programs, workshops and assemblies will be paid for!
- Best of all - we increase access to technology for all our students! - Now more than ever in the digital age, our kids need to have basic computer and digital research/information consumption skills. We want to foster creativity, innovation and promote the pursuit of learning in all our students.
We need your help to reach our 2019 - 2020 goal of $50,000 to achieve all this!
Our suggested amount is $300 per child. This can be a significant amount to families, but this investment of $1/day (or $30/month) for 10 months of school to enrich your child's education will last for their lifetime.
Your donation includes membership to the PTA, if you choose to opt-in.
Your donation is 100% tax-deductible and will benefit your child and their education. Our Tax ID is: 94-6172234. Thank you for your support!
Did you know:
- Assemblies cost at least $300 - $500 per presentation
- School buses used for one offsite field trip for a grade can cost $500 - $700
- Technology resources purchased by the PTA include iPad minis for classrooms, Smart TVs to replace broken Smart Boards, Chromebooks, Laptops, and Wireless Devices to improve our wireless network strength on campus.
- School supplies also include toners and ink purchases, as well as maintenance and repairs for our printers, copiers and computers
To learn more about fundraising, check out the FAQs on our Fundraising page.
Corporate Matching Program
This is an easy and great way to double the impact of your donation! Your employer may match your donation to Green Hills Elementary PTA and MEF. Check doublethedonation.com/millbraekids and enter your employer's name to check if they will match your donation and how to start the process. Your employer may need this information:
- The date of your donation
- Donation recipient: Green Hills Elementary PTA, GH Annual Fund, 401 Ludeman Lane, Millbrae, CA 94030
- Green Hills Elementary PTA Tax ID # 94-6172234 ; MEF Tax ID # 41-2258685